Fall Colour Trend: Red, Orange & YellowJuly 12, 2010 -Floral Trends, Wedding Colours, Wedding Flowers
At Trillium, we love fall colours due to their vibrant and rich colours. Fall is also becoming a more popular time for weddings not only because it makes for lovely, outdoor pictures but since it’s out of the typical wedding season brides can save a lot of money. Beware though if you’re having a fall wedding, you don’t want it to look like a Thanksgiving party! I’ve seen this done way too much. There are many ways of having an elegant and classy fall wedding without the tacky leaves and pumpkin arrangements.
Beautiful & Soft Bouquet with Salmon Coloured Roses, Burgundy
Leucadendron, Salmon Hypericum Berries & Green Hydrangeas.
There are so many flowers to choose from in red, orange, and yellow, and also many different shades of each. A lot of brides also add a touch of white to their bouquets and arrangements to soften the vibrant fall colours.
Here are some lovely flowers that would be perfect for a fall wedding (click on the flower names to see a picture):
- Large & Mini Gerbera Daisies: These come in a large variety of colours and also would be great as floating centerpieces. Tip: To avoid getting a very flat looking bouquet, mix these with other flowers to attain that perfect, round shape.
- Mango Calla Lilies: These scream fall elegance! Just a bouquet of these on their own is to die for.
- Burgundy Leucadendron: These spiky flowers are very long lasting and are one of the few flowers that come in this dark shade.
- Orange Pin Cushion Proteas: A very exotic flower, these would make a very unique, predominant flower in your bouquet.
- Varigated Red & Yellow Roses (called “Circus”): These roses open up beautifully and give a great punch of fall colours.
- Red & Orange Freesia: Perfect as a filler flower and smell magnificent too!
- Alstromeria: Also a good filler flower, these come in all colours so you will definitely find one that matches your colours.
Left: Bouquet Designed For a Wedding Bells Blog Issue Displaying Pin Cushion Proteas, Yellow Cymbidium Orchids, Red Calla Lilies, Orange Roses & Green Berzillia Berries.
Right: Simple Cube Vase with Orange Gerbera Daisies, Circus Roses, Red Roses & Seeded Eucalyptus.
Mix it Up!
Add fall accents such as wheat (in minimal amounts!) in your bouquets and tie raffia around the bouquet stems. Be simple and stick with basic, fall accents though – your vibrant flowers will speak for themselves!
Large Table Centerpiece Including White Anthuriums,
Yellow Oncidium Orchids, Orange Roses & Red Solidago.
Use red Mokara and yellow Oncidium Orchids to add height to your arrangements. If you like exotic flowers, use red Anthuriums as a focal point. Fill in your pieces with orange Roses and Hybrid Lilies (this variety doesn’t smell!).
Budget-Friendly Tip: For that WOW factor, add curly willow as tall as you can to make your arrangements appear larger than they are.
Stay tuned for Thursdays’ post on the Winter Colour Trend & check out the Summer Colour Trend if you haven’t already!